Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Weathervane Wednesday ~ A Lobster above a Tavern

I post a series of weather vane photographs every Wednesday.  This started with images of weathervanes from the Londonderry area, but now I've found interesting weather vanes all across New England.  Sometimes my weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are interesting.  Often my readers tip me off to some very unique or unusual weathervanes, too!

Today's weather vane is from a very travelled highway in Massachusetts.

Do you know the location of weather vane #229?  Scroll down to see the answer...





Today's weathervane was photographed above the All American Tavern in Salisbury, Massachusetts.  We were driving by after attending a lecture at the Newburyport Historical Society, and it was late, and we were hungry.  This weathervane caught my eye, and I knew we had found someplace to grab a late supper.  Vincent and I shared a plate of fried clams here, and enjoyed them very much!

The weathervane is a two dimensional lobster.  It was a great piece of advertising art.  It worked on us, because it made us want to drop in as we were driving along the coast on Route 1!  I'm sure it has lured in many more travelers.

The All American Tavern website   http://www.allamericantavern.com/

Click here to see the entire Weathervane Wednesday series!

---------------------------------------
Published under a Creative Commons License
Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Weathervane Wednesday ~ A Lobster above a Tavern", Nutfield Genealogy, posted October 7, 2015 ( http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/10/weathervane-wednesday-lobster-above.html : accessed [access date]). 

No comments:

Post a Comment