Friday, April 29, 2016

1962, Sitting on Grampy's Lap!


Here I am!  I'm sitting on my grandfather's lap.  His name was Stanley Elmer Allen ( 1904 - 1982).  This photo was taken in the living room of my grandparents house on Roosevelt Avenue in Hamilton, Massachusetts.  I remember this house very well.  It looks like it was Christmas time because of all the cards taped to the wall behind Grampy.  I was just about fourteen months old. 

I tried to enlarge this photo to see what I was holding in my hands.  It looks like a carton of Salem brand cigarettes.  How times have changed!  Can you imagine gifting someone a carton of cigarettes today?  Or letting your baby play with them? I remember now that Grampy was a smoker.  I have his front porch rocker now, and it has cigarette burns and nicotine stains on it.  Yuck! Those are memories that I never think of until I saw the carton of cigarettes in this photo. 

--------------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "1962, Sitting on Grampy's Lap!", Nutfield Genealogy, posted April 29, 2016,  (  http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2016/04/1962-sitting-on-grampys-lap.html:  accessed [access date]). 

No comments:

Post a Comment